Natural Treatment Remedies for Dry Skin
Scaling, cracking and itching come with dry skin, making it an uncomfortable condition. As a doctor with a busy office practice, I see this daily. The patient doesn’t even have to complain. I can see the dry, flaky skin myself.
Skin health comes from the inside out. We need to heal the inside to make a meaningful impact on the skin. Sure, organic skin care products have a place in our bathroom. We love using organic coconut oil on ourselves and our kids. But real skin health comes from a healthy body. The skin is well known to reflect what is going on inside our body.
What Causes Dry Skin?
The liver and kidneys are the main sites for cleansing the body of toxins. When those pathways are overloaded, the body tries to dump the trash out through the skin. This the reason millions suffer from dry skin.
The medical term for dry skin is dermatitis. There are different types of dermatitis. Eczema and psoriasis are the most common.
Natural Treatments for Dry Skin
Here are some ways to get the skin you only see on TV models.
- Eat only organic Paleo foods. Artificial ingredients, sugar, and gluten are culprits when it comes to dry skin and other conditions. Do EAT plenty of avocado, coconut, nuts/seeds, eggs, and wild seafood. Nothing leads to beautiful skin like omega-3 fats from the sea.
- Get sunshine. Get 30 minutes a day. Don’t burn, but embrace the sun.
- Sleep your way to beautiful skin. Body repair only happens while we sleep. You need 8-9 hours each day of quality sleep.
- Drink plenty of quality water out of glass or from your house system. Avoid chlorine and fluoride in your water: internal and external.
- Don’t bathe too often. Our ancestors didn’t bath very often. Keep yourself clean with a sponge or washcloth. Swimming pools loaded with chlorine and other chemicals is a sure way to damage your skin.
- Use organic coconut oil. With no synthetic ingredients, coconut oil strengthens skin tissue and eliminates dead skin cells. It is easily absorbed by your skin.
- Take nutritional supplements. In addition to our Foundation 5 (which contains plenty of Omega DHA), here are 3 supplements to fight your dry skin:
- Thyrokick – Thyroid hormone is notoriously deficient in those with dry skin. Get checked. There should not be a problem with you trying our glandular and see if you skin perks up.
- Detoxicore – When your liver and kidneys are overloaded, the skin takes a beating. Cleanse out your body with Detoxicore.
- Vitamin D – When the sun isn’t shining in your hometown, it’s a great time to take vitamin D. If the sun is shining, get outside.