Natural Treatment Remedies for Sore Throat
Most of us have had a sore throat at some point in our lives. The irritation and pain can make it hard to swallow.
Throat pain is a primary symptom of a sore throat. Symptoms may also include dryness, swollen glands and hoarseness.
What Causes Sore Throat?
Many things can cause a sore throat. Some of the more common causes include:
- The common cold or flu, and other viral infections like croup, chickenpox, measles and mononucleosis.
- Strep throat and other bacterial infections like whopping cough or diphtheria.
- Outdoor and indoor air pollution.
- Mold, pollen and other environmental pollutants.
- Yelling, singing or other strains on the throat.
- In rare cases, HIV or throat cancer.
Natural Remedies to Treat a Sore Throat
Most sore throats don’t require treatment by a physician. However, if you have difficulty breathing, pain for more than a week, bloody mucus, joint pain or a high fever, you may want to consult your physician.
Here are some great natural treatment remedies for a sore throat:
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Drink warm fluids, like soup or green tea.
- Check your living space for mold. Remedy the situation or move.
- Remove all air freshers and candles from your living and work space.
- Use all-natural laundry and personal care products including toothpaste, soap, lotions and shampoo. No cologne, perfume or aftershave.
- Sleep on an organic mattress.
- Get rid of carpets and replace them with tile or bamboo.
- Install an air purification system. This is the best way to upgrade indoor air quality.
Make sure you follow healthy lifestyle practices as well. Eat a Paleo diet. Get plenty of good quality sleep. Get 30 minutes of sunshine daily. Get chiropractic care.
Nutritional supplements can really boost your health. In addition to our Foundation 5, check out our:
- Super C – Excellent success and piles of science with vitamin C
- Immune Boost – Glandular support for your immune system
- Liquid A – The active form of vitamin A to support a healthy immune system