What goes on your skin goes directly into your body.
When it comes to temporary tattoos, this is a toxic exposure your children need to avoid.
I know, I know. This requires some parenting skills to tell your child, “No”! But the number one job of a parent is to keep their child safe.
When I recently received a temporary tattoo in the mail, sent to me as a promotional item, I was appalled to see the ingredients list on the back. It is the rare company that names the constituents of the temporary tat. Unlike food ingredients, this is not a requirement.
Let’s take a look at the list of toxins in the temporary tattoo.
- Acrylates Copolymer- known to cause severe skin inflammation
- Petrolatum- The Environmental Working Group warns this may lead to cancer.
- Soybean oil- soy can damage the thyroid and wreak havoc on hormones
- Polyethylene terephthalate- used in plastics and synthetic fiber. Disrupts hormones.
- Petroleum distillates- cancer causing agent according to the EWG.
- Cerium carboxylate- element with no known benefit in the human body
- 5 artificial colors
- Please think twice about applying this to you child. Teach them the dangers of these products. Face paint is another horrible toxic blast found at birthday parties and other social gatherings.Number one job as a parent…protect the children.