10 Tips to Prevent the Flu Naturally
Flu season is right around the corner and with that comes the push by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for flu vaccines for everyone.
If you’re trying to prevent the flu, don’t get the flu shot!
On top of being ineffective, flu vaccines contain harmful chemicals and preservatives that can cause serious side effects at the time of injection and long term. It weakens the immune system and it doesn’t work.
Try to get healthy naturally instead. There are plenty of natural and preventative remedies and tips to prevent the flu.
The best way is to build up your body’s natural immune system.
Here are 10 tips to build the immune system to prevent the flu naturally.
- 1. Diet
The food you eat every day determines if you stay healthy or get sick. To be healthy and avoid the flu, follow the nutritional guidelines below.
- Avoid processed foods, sugar, etc. Eating foods in their natural state (i.e. fresh) gives you many nutrients and will help you to naturally fight disease.
- Follow a Paleo diet. Eat the foods of our ancestors. The Paleo diet gives you the right foods in the right combinations that your body needs to thrive.
- Eat only organic foods. Conventionally grown foods are loaded with chemicals that will harm the immune system and decrease immunity. If you want to be healthy, stick to organic food only.
- Try juicing for extra nutritional support. When you juice fresh organic vegetables and fruits, you extract the key vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients your body needs to defend itself against disease. Try our immune boosting juice.
- Drink high quality water. Contaminated water is full of impurities will make you sick. To ensure you are drinking the best quality water, install a Pristine Hydro Water System in your home. That’s what we use.
- 2. Immune System-Boosting Supplements
Supplements are one of your best tools to staying healthy through flu season. Often, diet alone is not enough to support your health needs and nutritional supplements are required. Nutritional therapy (proper food + proper supplements) is the best preventative medication.
- Supplements provide nutritional support in high doses to help the body ward off any illness. They are also great for if you become sick with the flu and need to fight off anything.
- We recommend our signature Adult Cold and Flu Kit for preventing the flu or in the event you start to feel flu symptoms coming on. This kit contains high doses of vitamins A, C and D, which are the body’s major immune vitamins. It also contains our customized Immune Boost along with Argentyn Silver product to provide additional immune support. Zinc is also in the kit, to help ward off pathogens and viruses. And a high dose probiotic is included to increase immune function and fight off disease.
- 3. Lower Stress
Stress is a known risk factor for illness. Stress wreaks havoc on the mind and body. In fact, people who are more susceptible to stress are more likely to develop the common cold1. When cells in the body are under stress, they are not able to respond to their internal signals and function properly1. The result is an increased risk for all types of disease.
- Work on lowering your sources of stress, whatever they may be.
- Try yoga. Yoga encourages breathing techniques that are proven to reduce stress.
- Meditation is one of the best tools to control psychological stressors.
- Try gardening, walking, or meeting up with friends. Choose an activity that lowers stress for you.
- 4. Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a great tool to stay healthy. Getting adjusted regularly supports a healthy immune system.
- Every system in the body (including the immune system) is controlled by the nervous system.
- If something is out of alignment, then health issues can occur.
- Adjustments can aid in boosting immune function.
- 5. Detoxification
If there are too many toxins in the body, then the body becomes run down. Therefore, detoxification is a great tool to reset the body and make it a strong defender. Flushing out toxins regularly can help to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Enjoy a nightly Epsom salt bath. Epsom salts pull toxins out and reduce inflammation. You can also throw essential oils or baking soda in to further aid in detoxification and boosting the immune system.
- Remove toxins from your house. Toxins poison your immune system. Eliminate them and you will boost immune function.
- 6. Gut Health
The gut is considered your second immune system. In fact, 80% of your immune system lies in your gut. You must repair your gut in order to get healthy!
- Most people these days have leaky gut due to stress, toxins or diet. Leaky gut means poor immune function.
- We have a leaky gut protocol that aims to heal and seal the gut lining. Once the gut is healed, inflammation is lowered and immunity is restored.
- Research has even found that just taking a high potency probiotic daily is essential to immune function as it keeps your body stocked with high levels of good bacteria to push the bad ones out.
- 7. Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is needed for the body to repair itself and regulate hormones and other processes. Chronic sleep deprivation can reduce immune function. Follow the ways of our ancestors and go to sleep with sundown and awake with the sunrise. This helps support the body’s natural circadian rhythms.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night to support total body health.
- Getting enough sleep is proven to help your body to recuperate to prevent any illness.
- Check out our top tips for better sleep.
- 8. Get moving
Movement or exercise increases immunity. Walking, biking or hiking are all great forms of movement that the body needs to function at its best.
- Moving regularly causes the body to increase its production of immune cells (called white blood cells and Natural Killer cells), which increases immunity.
- Exercise also increases the body’s core temperature. This can help to ward off any pathogens.
- Exercise reduces stress and slows the release of stress hormones. This can help to keep the immune system healthy.
- 9. Get Some Fresh Air
As the months get colder, people tend to stay inside more and get less fresh air. If you find yourself cooped up inside your house or crammed in an office with lots of people, you may need to step outside.
- If you’re in close quarters with a lot of people, you could be exposed to many germs.
- Try taking a walk outside or opening a window for some fresh air. This is another natural way to “detox” the air inside your home or office.
- Getting out into nature (think walking through the pine trees) can reduce stress and boost mood.
- Connecting with nature and getting fresh air increases oxygen and energizes you.
- 10. Get Sunshine
The sunshine is the best way to increase vitamin D. And vitamin D is a powerful immune system booster.
- Vitamin D is key to immune system health. Get your intracellular and extracellular vitamin D levels checked.
- A lack of vitamin D is detrimental to the immune system and can increase one’s risk for disease.
- Get enough sunshine even in the winter months. And if you must supplement, use a high quality vitamin D product like our Super D for increased absorption.
Summary of information:
- The best way to prevent the flu is NOT with a flu shot. Avoid the flu shot and go the natural route.
- The body’s immune system was designed to be the greatest defender against disease.
- Give your immune system the tools it needs to protect your body. Diet, supplements, sunshine, stress reduction, detoxification, chiropractic, sleep, exercise and fresh air are some of the best things we can do for ourselves. Give them a try!